dimanche 7 novembre 2010

‘And that’s how Miss DiversiT sees it’


So, I guess you all know that I’m talking about ‘Glee’. It’s not brand new for you, people from English-speaking countries. But for me, little Belgian stuff, it’s the new it show!

It started a few weeks ago and I feel like not a lot of people are watching it here. How strange and how shocking! I mean, ‘Glee’ made me its slave from the very first episode. Now, every time I have to repeat a word, I do it to the ‘taco taco’ rhythm of the glee club’s hymn ‘don’t stop believing’.

This show has made my life complete. I mean musicals are like New-York city: once you go there, you love it or you hate it. And, even if I haven’t been to NYC yet, I love musicals!
I mean what could be better than a musical: they sing, they dance, they’re all happy and life just seems as easy as ‘step step ball-change’ (for the record, those are names of tap steps).

‘Glee’ isn’t exactly a musical but it’s as good! They sing, they dance –a little. But what’s really great is that it’s not a stupid show: you have real plots going on, real issues that the characters have to deal with and – the cherry on top of the cake- it’s funny! Sue Sylvester, the cheerios coach is just a monster but she’s so inspired when it comes to make jokes about Mister Shue’s hair. She’s mean and all, but you don’t want her to change and become a nice person. And she has such great tastes when it comes to sweat suits (the new fashion tendency!).

My personal favorite character (oh God, it’s hard to pick just one!) is Finn (played by Cory Monteith), the quarterback. He’s…well, let’s face it…a bit dumb. He’s funny though and really sweet. And he’s going through a lot in the first season: dealing with a pregnant girlfriend, finding out he’s not the dad, fighting his attraction to Rachel, fighting Kurt’s attraction to him and trying to find a balance between the football team and the Glee club. Being so tall and awkward makes him somewhat touching.
But, as I said, it’s really hard to have just one favorite character. If I had to pick my favorite singer, I’d say Amber Riley, who’s playing Mercedes. She just has that strong, deep and warm voice: it’s just a pleasure to listen to her. I wish she were singing a bit more though. Chris Colfer, who’s giving life to Kurt on screen, also has an amazing voice. When I’m writing that, I have ‘defying gravity’ playing in my head: such a breath-taking performance!

Well, I think I’ve said all the good things I’m thinking about ‘Glee’. To make the pleasure last even longer, you can –as I did- buy the cds from the show. Personally, I like to listen to it in my car, and sing along! Well, I guess I can say that I have officially become a Gleek (see the picture below as evidence) =)

Miss DiversiT


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire