mardi 4 janvier 2011

Miss DiversiT: accio review ’Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ !

I know that, when you are a reviewer, no matter what you review (food, books or, in this case, movies) you can never pretend that you are objective. Because everyone has a different past, affects that change constantly and a personal view of the world. Like what Oscar Wilde used to say about beauty: it is in the eye of the beholder.

I am a fan of Harry Potter, which might alter my judgment. Beware, before the first film, I thought it was ridiculous to speak about sorcerers, a school of witchcraft and wizardry and other dragons and flying broomsticks. I was an authentic aunt Petunia!

But after seeing ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’ Stone’, its magic cast a spell on me.
Ever since, I read all the books, I have seen all the films and collected every magazines the press gave me! Ma own little tradition, for the nosy readers, is to go see the films in theatre six times or so. I try to enjoy as much on big screen as I can.

Well, there are the reasons why I couldn’t be objective…

Since the fifth opus, it is David Yates who is in charge of the films. I have to say I particularly disliked ‘The Order of the Phoenix’: the rhythm was flat, there were too many ellipses and the storyline was disjointed (and remember, I am an aficionado!). I am thus a bit mistrustful concerning the making of the next films.



Eight films for Seven books?

The last episode of the saga was split in two films. It is certainly an excuse to make some more money on the back of our favorite little wizard and on the back of his numerous admirers. The release of the last film in 3D only confirms what I am saying. If it is true that the fan within me is quite happy that it is not over yet, I have to say that I regret all that business around Harry Potter.

All the other books were condensed, tons of details have been forgotten to allow the making of the six last films. I think they could have done the same with the seventh and last book.

‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: part 1’ is suffering from some lengths. I think about the scene where Harry is dancing with Hermione. It is adorable, it truly is, but it does not bring anything and it was not even in the book!!! I also regret the lack of professor Snape… I believe that people who only know Harry through the films will not understand the settlement about Snape. And that is a shame! That is what makes the pleasure of reading ‘Harry Potter’: every single detail count and God knows if that detail is important!

On a more positive note – because I quite enjoyed the film – I am thrilled to see the evolution of Ron’s character. He’s evolving a lot faster in the books and his role of the ‘best friend always there and always ready’ in the films was getting on my nerves!
Finally, he is taking some space, he is rebelling against Harry and he becomes a real character. Rupert Grint shows us this brand new Ron with a lot of talent and conviction. We can tell how happy Grint is to blossom in front of the cameras: his acting is all natural and strong.

To conclude, I will say I enjoyed this first part of the seventh film even though I regret a few things. I am impatiently waiting for the end of the saga and I can already tell you that I will not see it in 3D (I do not know about you but, personally, I can not see the point! Besides, it hurts my eyes!).

Miss DiversiT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire