jeudi 25 octobre 2012

Miss DiversiT having a Calimero day


I guess you all know Calimero, that little black chicken wearing a broken egg shell as a hat and who keeps saying "That is so unfair" in a tiny voice.


Well, I'm having a Calimero day. I had a conversation about work with a friend a few days ago. I'm still haunted by the story she told me: she has two master's degrees and got offered a three months job as an exhibition watcher (you know, those poor people who are in the rooms of an exhibition and make sure you don't put your dirty fingers on the paintings; those people who might just die out of boredom!). Cherry on top of the scandalous cake, the lady from the museum said she read her CV with a great attention...

And then, you know, I thought about me...I have a master's degree in journalism. I got out of school five years ago (what? five? already? I thought it was just two!) and never got to work as a journalist! If it weren’t for that blog, I wouldn't be writing at all...
Still, I have worked as an administrative assistant and, now, I feel stuck in that kind of job because that's the only real professional experience that I have. And that's where I'm saying: "It is so unfair"!

Because, I was told when I was little that having a diploma would allow me to have a good job and, therefore, a decent and happy life!
Because, I want to be a journalist, not an administrative assistant, and I like people to consider that before telling me "ah, that's a shame you don't have any professional experience as a journalist". Still, I have a degree and a passion for this job...
Because, it feels like we're going to be the first generation to have a life worse than our parents'. The whole point is to have a better situation than your ancestors, to evolve towards a higher quality of life. But, I think I'll never have the chance to have a better life than my parents...
Because, I have no idea how to change this situation, how to make it better...
Because, I'm really worried about my future (and I'm taking immediate future, not like "far away" future).

For my friend, for me, for all of us who are struggling and who don't understand why their situation is so shitty and what they're doing wrong, I'm going to say: "That is so unfair"!

On that happy note, I'll leave you to your thoughts...

Miss DiversiT aka Miss Calimero 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire