dimanche 21 juin 2015

Gym: This Time, It Is Serious!

 We all know how easy it is to get a membership to the gym. We all know how motivated we are when we start and how that motivation drops drastically after a few hours/days/weeks.
We keep paying the membership because actually cancelling it would really mean we are giving up.

This time, I have decided to be a good girl and to stick with my program: going to the gym every two days. Thing is I am a bit overweight. It is not obvious because I’ve got a layer of fat all over my body. So, my arms are a bit fat, my belly is a bit soft, my hips are a bit larger and my butt is a practical and comfortable on-the-go cushion.

I don’t want to get skinny: I like my body and its curves. I just want to be fitter and less floppy. I don’t want to pant like I had run a 10k marathon every time I run after my bus. I don’t want to find it tiring to hold a baby in my arms for more than 5 minutes. And I’d like to say goodbye to the old weird and unexpected cramp…

It has also something to do with my self-confidence: I want to get the body I have been dreaming of since I was a teenager. I never got round to it, never got motivated enough to stick to the gym. 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/97/cf/cd/97cfcd9c2de0703d7128ca6f951a276e.jpg

To help me, I have taken selfies – well, pictures of my body so nothing glam and no duck face. In a month, I will take new ones. I feel like seeing the changes as they happen will give me the motivation to keep going. So far, after three sessions, I ache a lot. I have had cramps in places I didn’t know could cramp. I have been close to being sick and some movements (like rolling out of bed) are really painful.


But hey, this girl is me and…this girl can, right?!

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/resources/images/3502072/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire