mardi 9 juin 2015

Inside the Capital’s Summertime Ball 2015:

I am writing music and film reviews for a website. When the opportunity to cover the Capital’s Summertime Ball arose, I jumped on the occasion! I also pushed my luck, requesting a media run pass instead of the regular and usual reviewer pass. In all honesty, I was not sure it would work, especially because I sent the request from my personal email.

I am pleased to say: it fu**ing worked! When I got there, I was taken to the media room. And I realised I was absolutely not ready for this! I was with journalists from big publications: Yahoo, Ode, The Sun, Digital Spy, Metro, Daily Mirror, etc. I had been there for 10 minutes, trying to put on my best blasé and professional look, when we got told that One Direction would be coming to meet us in about 10 minutes.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/57354362.jpg

I was sweating like a hooker in church! I was stressed out because I had a great question and because I was going to see One Direction and because imagine the push it would give to my career…and all the others were freaking out. It was damn hot in that room too. You get the picture!

They arrived and, for a minute, it felt we were actually sitting in hell: bright lights, burning heat, loads of shouting and kicking. Weirdest scene I have ever witnessed!
You know that strange feeling you get about celebrities: they feel unreal, like they only exist on glossy covers, in scandalous articles; like they actually live in your telly or in YouTube?
Well, once you actually see them in the flesh, they go back to being normal people who happen to have an extraordinary job. Those four guys looked absolutely normal, despite the craziness around them. In the end, you know, they eat, sleep and poop just like any of us, peasants! 

https://img0.etsystatic.com/019/0/5866728/il_570xN.478043588_3zid.jpg
 
And I have felt the same way with any famous person I have encountered in that media room. Little Mix girls are sweet and funny. They are normal girls. Which makes it odd when they talk about their fans: I thought: “Imagine those words coming out of your mouth”. Because they are just so damn normal, so it just feels very strange!

Same with Nick Jonas or Carly Rae Jepsen or even Ne-Yo. These people, these celebrities, well; they’re just like you and me. For real! They just happen to have a very peculiar job. And it must be weird for them to live those situations on a daily basis.

That trip behind the scenes made me realise that being famous must be somewhere between a curse and a blessing. It was my first time and, like all first times, it was a bizarre experience but I am deffo up for it again!

Miss DiversiT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire